When I first asked my wicked witch landlady where I should tell people I live she said I should tell any driver that I live on Wireless Road off Palm Wine Junction. This immediately seemed made up and ridiculous to me. It sounds like a cartoon address, as if I live in ACME and not Accra. I first thought oh ok, and my number is 555-5555. But apparently that's where I live, and any self-respecting cab driver knows exactly where it is. It's nice to live off of a main junction on a main road because I couldn't imagine having to describe with any more detail where I live without having a number address or cross streets (admittedly, the grid layout of SF has completely spoiled me). That being said, today I took the time to ask my money grubbing landlady exactly where I should have things mailed. My address is:
Precious Eboigbe
c/o Mrs. Morrison
PO Box 0S96
Osu, Accra GHANA
This also seems like a really ridiculous address. The idea of sending something to a foreign country without a country code/string of numbers appended to the end feels so odd, but that's how it really works. Unfortunately, the old hag will have to pick the packages up herself and then bring it to the house. Really irritating that it has to go through her first but it is her PO Box.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Precious, I've been meaning to ask you...how are things going with your landlady? Do you like her? I'm sure I'm not the only reader who is dying to know what you think of her.
ReplyDeleteguess i won't be sending you a letter that says "hey there is a big fat check in here so open it when you are alone." ...that is a weird ass mailing system
ReplyDelete